That’s it. Period.
It’s Friday, folks! Let’s help you hurry in the weekend with a bit of random stuff about one of the YKLS productions (ok admittedly we were going through some old videos and hey let’s choose this).
YKLS Period! In 2013!
- After being with Young Choral Academy (and assistant music director for the YKLS) for yonks, this was the year Tracy headed off to Toronto in August to do her Masters, and bring a taste of cili padi to the Canadians.
- Chi Hoe recently came back from the UK (gosh 7 years!) and was musical director for this production, bringing back a taste of European musical culture (evident in this production!).
- This is probably the only YKLS concert where all the music is public domain. That means you can find it at our YouTube channel (or, just it watch below)!
- We’ve brought the show to Penang! Not the first time, though – that was Together As One back in 2009.
- Speaking of performing in Penang, some of us stayed in the provided accommodations, some decided to stay in hotels. There was a supernatural experience at one of those hotels for some members – if we recall correctly it got curious at what the members tapau’ed back to the room.
- Chi Hoe asked members to look for sonnets that they’d like to perform to incorporate into the production asides from the repertoire he’d already picked out.
- Latin. French. German. English. Medieval English. Italian. Spanish. Languages we learnt to sing in this time.
- During the concert week, post-concert a bunch of us would head to the tai chow (Sun Yau Tak Teng?) at Damansara Uptown for dinner. What started off with probably 3 tables joint together on Thursday night ended up with 5-6 tables for 28 people (almost all the choir members!) by Saturday night!
And… that’s it for now. Period. Full stop. Go enjoy your weekend!by